Illest Rapper That You Never Heard 3: Chino XL

Chino XL is by far my favorite lyricist of all time. His cocky flow and mind bending punchlines make him the Jay-Z of the underground hip hop scene. What I truly like about Chino's style is the fact that he is actually an artist. He puts together words in a way that makes you think and expand your horizons, as opposed to getting high and talking shit like most modern day rappers. Also, Chino incorporates a battle rap style into songs, dissing everybody and anybody. Sort of what The Game does with name dropping, but on another level. Here are some examples:

"Governmentaly engineered like E Bola for this rap garage sale
by this industry, I'm trying not to get fucked like 2Pac in jail"
(This is why Pac shouted him out in "Hit em Up"

"I put out more wax than Martin Lawrence earlobe
I rock forever, Or at least until the Jets win the Super Bowl"

"Sicker than finding out firsthand Jennifer Lopez cant fuck
Sicker than seeing Richard Pryor in his wheelchair doing stand up"

Also has many George Carlin like one liners such as:

"I'm nice, I got suicide committing life"

"Homie wanna trip? I'm a travel agent"

Here's a video of Chino Spitting mad fire


Chino has 3 classic albums under his belt. Download my favorite song from each (its mad hard to pick one). If you want more, cop the albums.

1996: Here to Save You All

This is TRUE underground Hip Hop.



Ghetto Vampire

2001: I Told You So

This album has more guest appearances and really displays Chino's cocky style



What You Got


2006: Poison Pen

Good mix of lyrical bangers as well as heartfelt tracks. Hip Hop gold



Wordsmith
BONUS

Download Chino's Definition of MC mixtape. (not an official mixtape)

Comments

Popular Posts